- Treatment Centers by City
- Kansas City
- St. Louis
- Jefferson City
- Poplar Bluff
- St. Charles
- Cape Girardeau
- St. Joseph
- Lees Summit
- Montgomery City
- St. Peters
- Breckenridge Hills
- Des Peres
- El Dorado Springs
- Excelsior Springs
- Fort Leonard Wood
- High Ridge
- Linn Creek
- Loose Creek
- O Fallon
- Park Hills
- St.e Genevieve
- University City
- Van Buren
- West Plains
Alcoholism is an epidemic in society today, and is a problem facing many in Salem, MO. Alcohol is in fact a drug, the most commonly used and widely abused in the world. Alcohol addiction causes many problems, and people that abuse alcohol are more likely to become violent, struggle with their career and have problems in their relationships. Alcoholism can literally destroy your life.
Consuming alcohol is a common and acceptable practice in Salem. The problem with alcohol addiction and alcoholism begins when consumption crosses the line from moderate drinking, to having to consume alcohol to avoid feeling bad or to feel comfortable in social situations. Alcohol addiction and alcoholism may be triggered by an individual's environment, the people he's associating with, etc. Whatever the case may be, if alcohol is being used in excess and an individual doesn't have enough control to put down that drink despite the consequences, there is a problem.
For someone in Salem, Missouri who is involved in alcohol addiction or alcoholism, it is very easy to justify drinking habits and be in complete denial that there is a problem. But if a person is continuing to drink despite the health risks involved and the destruction that is being created in their life, it is time for them to seek help or for someone to intervene and help the person see that there is a problem. It may seem easier to pretend that nothing is wrong, but the longer a person continues his addictive behavior the worse off he will be in the long run.
Treatment for alcohol addiction and alcoholism in Salem is available for individuals who know they have a problem and have the courage to face their issues with alcohol. There are a number of Alcohol Rehabilitation Centers in the area. At an Alcohol Addiction Treatment Facility individuals can be in an environment where they can address the psychological and emotional issues that may have caused their alcoholism.
Alcoholism has taken its toll when an individual drinks so heavily for a long duration, that when alcohol is taken away withdrawal sets in. Withdrawal symptoms can include shakiness or trembling, fatigue, irritability and loss of appetite for example. Alcohol withdrawal can be overcome by going through a supervised alcohol detoxification as part of treatment at an Alcohol Abuse Rehab Facility in Salem, MO.
There are a variety of options available for individuals looking for treatment for alcohol addiction and alcoholism in Salem, Missouri. There are Long-term Alcoholism Rehabilitation Programs, Outpatient Alcohol Addiction Rehabilitation Programs, Short-term Alcohol Abuse Rehab Programs, Inpatient Alcohol Treatment Centers, support group meetings, alcohol counseling, halfway houses and sober living.
Individuals battling alcohol addiction or alcoholism don't have to be ashamed or feel alone and hopeless. Recovering from alcohol addiction and alcoholism won't be easy, but admitting you have a problem and seeking treatment is the first step to getting the help that can get you through it. Put addiction behind you, so you can look forward to a bright and sober future. Contact a counselor and start treatment today.
Alcohol Treatment Facilities in and around Salem, Missouri
- SE Missouri Behavioral Health Salem, MO, 65560
- Pathways CBH Inc Salem, MO, 65560
- Army Substance Abuse Program Fort Leonard Wood, MO, 65473
- AmiCare of Missouri LLC Waynesville, MO, 65583
- Missouri Alcohol Drug Assessment Owensville, MO, 65066
- SE Missouri Behavioral Health Farmington, MO, 63640
- Clearwater Counseling-Court Services Union, MO, 63084
- Meramec Recovery Center Inc Union, MO, 63084
- Missouri Alcohol Drug Assessment and Union, MO, 63084
- Southeast Missouri Community Treatment Doniphan, MO, 63935
- Contact Us
- Alcohol is a key component in 68% of manslaughters, 62% of assaults, 54% of murders and attempted murders, 48% of robberies, and 44% of burglaries.
- The greater the amount that an individual drinks in a hour, the more dangerous that it becomes; although drinking a moderate quantity of alcohol at a slow rate can result in relaxation, drinking large amounts can result in overdose and death.
- Because alcohol is such a common, popular element in many activities, it can be hard to see when your drinking has crossed the line from moderate or social use to problem drinking.
- A woman whose husband drinks alcohol heavily is more likely than other women to drink too much.
- AA Meetings in Salem, MO.
Our Savior Lutheran Church
Salem, Missouri 65560
Alcoholics Anonymous Meeting Times
Monday, 7:30 PM
Thursday, 7:30 PM
- Salem, MO. Al-Anon Support Group Meetings
Our Savior Lutheran Church
Al-Anon Meeting Times
Fri., 7:30 PM